03 July 2013

Time for Goodbyes

I miss the strong aroma of your cologne on my bed sheets and the time you spent invading my dreams and I wouldn't be asleep
I miss tugging on your beard while you laid next to me and your sweet kisses trailing from the back of my neck to the top of my feet
I miss sitting in your lap watching you play call of duty and you making dinner whatever I was hungry
I miss the old you and our old things but times change and all I have is sweet memories of the man that I thought I loved and our history. Chemistry feels right but it didn't make you happy. I was holding you back from what you were yearning for and I was to busy wanting more of your love because that's what I thought I needed but looking back it was only feelings that I thought were real. A comfort zone leading to no mansland and love that was only one sided.  I've learned from my mistakes and I've learned from you. Not every man is man enough to make your dreams come true and just because you love someone doesn't mean they are right for you. But I thank God for you because if we never happened, discovering reality wouldn't have been so fulfilling. Time to embark on a new journey with a clear mind and a reunited spirit
Thank you for everything, you were just what I needed

No comments:

Post a Comment